Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Front Yard Landscaping


                                                                        Above 5/25/2018



I started working on some of my front yard last year (2016). I added more rosebushes this spring (bare root/Feb/March 2017). A couple of them have started blooming. Two (of 4) of my peony plants bloomed this year too (year 2). My day lilies are growing big!  That is Betty Prior rosebush on the corner (year 3). I planted climbing Joseph's Coat next to it in March 2017. I had a couple of blooms. Update: My first Joseph's Coat died winter 2017/18.  I planted another Spring 2018.


                                                              Here is my first peony.



5/22/2018


Above: from left to right

Fading peonies a bit flattened by the recent heavy rains. Waiting on the day lilies to sprout flower buds. A yellow rose. Mr. Lincoln and/or Chrysler Imperial roses in the back. Love rose, Electron, Betty Prior and Purple Prince lily foliage.

Center front: 5 new Stella D'Oro day lilies were planted here last month and 5 others in another area. They are hardly noticeable in this photo, but some of them already have flower buds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment