Friday, November 13, 2015

Wildflowers in Virginia

May 2016

Its kind of fun watching what will grow on its own if you let it! I think the white flowers are some sort of aster. I'm not sure about the purple flowers. My husband believes it is a type of clover. Both types of plants are close to 3 feet tall.






March 2016: Here is a pretty ground cover wildflower that grows around my yard each year in late winter/early spring.

I will do better next year taking pictures of all the beautiful plants that pop up around my Virginia mountain home. The flowers below only represent a few of the many flowers I saw this past spring and summer. If anyone knows the names of the flowers, please let me know!



This must be "Common Evening Primrose" according to the USDA 


No comments:

Post a Comment